Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The truth is out there...

The other night I was sitting on my daughter's front porch after dark and noticed an odd light in the sky. I figured it for an airplane but when it didn't move from the same spot for about 10 minutes I called daughter outside to look at it. It stayed stationary for at least another 10 minutes, then seemed to get closer for a few minutes before it disappeared.

I have had this same dream several times. A group of people are standing in the parking lot of the United grocery store in Perryton, TX at night watching a war in the heavens. We can see the crazy maneuvering of space/aircraft and tracers from missiles being shot, sort of like star wars or that arcade game from the 80s, Galaxian. There's no real sense of urgency or fear from the crowd, though we are concerned. Maybe it's just a hold over from the Reagan years.

Have I left any doubts yet as to the state of my sanity? Just so you know, I knew it before you did.

My dog has fleas. What's worse is she's allergic to their bites. I just gave her a bath. In the process I got a shower. Her licking and scratching are driving us both crazy.

Jackson is walking, cautiously, and only when it pleases him! He's so damn cute and it's not just because I'm his Grandma.

Thanksgiving and my Mom and Dad can't get here quick enough.

I feel like a loser not having a job. Obviously, prospective employers think so too. I don't know if it's my age, my lack of experience or a combo of both, but something aint working. I was so stupidly trusting in my last life. I wish I could go back to being younger and tell him to stuff his priorities up his arse, it's my turn.

Damnit, Janet, Glee was stupid last night.You won't get that unless you watched it.

Scout smells like an old wet dog...imagine that.

4 comments:

Comfortably Numb said...

YM - Keep your head held high and keep the faith I am sure something will come very soon. As far as fleas I hate them and get freaky if I see just one. I immediately tear the bed linens (love that word) off for washing and grab the pets and flea shampoo and head for the bathroom.

Answers? I don't know the questions. said...

Is there room for one more in Crazyland? I used to own a place down on the river (not a van, Chris Farley). Several times when I came home late at night, a string of square orange lights (windows?) would be just above the tree tops over the river. As I would watch them, they would start to go out, one at a time. No, I was not drunk. lol

mzchief said...

To YM...
* I am not going to say anything about crazy people. *;)

* Get some Pyrethrin Dip to leave on after you bathe Scout. It goes a long way to keeping the fleas off of her. If she has fleas, that means your yard has fleas. You need to treat your yard with an insecticide as well as wash all of Scout's bedding. If the itching is really driving Scout bonkers, get her an anti itch spray or call the vet and pick up a RX of Temaril-P for the itching. Believe it or not, some of the best and least expensive pet supplies can be bought at dollar stores.

* As for going backward and changing the choices you made in the past. That is not going to happen so stop beating yourself up for making the best decision you could make with the information you had at the time. Not having a job is more a reflection of the times rather than you. I have a friend whose child graduated law school, passed the state bar and, nearly 2 years after graduating, finally got a job as a legal assistant in a family friend's law office. There are 90,000+ unemployed lawyers, in the US, so it is natural you are having difficulty finding a job.

YM said...

Comf. Numb and MzC., the fleas are no more.

Answers, I'd have been scared
sh!tless. I'm glad I'm not the only cuckoo one ;P

MzC., you know I struggle with pessimism and looking back instead of forward. Thanks for the encouraging words.